Common Symptoms that Qualify for Disability Benefits with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Social Security considers you disabled if you meet the following three conditions:
- Your RA makes it impossible for you to work.
- You’re unable to switch to a new line of work.
- You’ll be out of work for a year or more.
As long as you can prove that, you should have a good chance at winning. But providing the necessary evidence is crucial—and difficult.
Some symptoms we’ve seen
- Inflammation in your legs, which makes it hard to walk and move around
- Inflammation in your arms
- Inflammation in at least two organs or body systems
- Severe fatigue or malaise
- Unplanned weight loss
- Spine stiffening
- A history of recurring symptoms
Even if your symptoms don’t exactly fit that mold, you could still qualify. At Hanley Disability, we’ll even evaluate your case at no charge to you.